If you are wondering how to detox from THC in your system fast, you must first understand the chemical composition of weed. Weed or cannabis consist of numerous chemicals, one of which is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC is the psychoactive chemical substance of cannabis that gives you the feeling of being ‘high’. It is THC that is detected during drug tests.
THC exerts its psychoactive influence by mimicking the chemical anandamide, which is naturally produced by our brain, thus altering normal brain communication through nerve cells. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), THC adversely affects cognitive functions such as thinking, memory and concentration, movement and coordination, and time perception.
How is THC Metabolized by the Body?
When an individual smokes weed or consumes foods or edibles containing weed, they metabolize into Δ9 THC molecules, the active form of the ‘high-causing’ THC, which are then transported into the blood.
These molecules are then transported into the liver, where they are converted into the inactive form and stored in adipose (body fat) tissues. With time, these molecules are gradually excreted from the body via urine and feces.
How Long Does Weed Stay in Your System?
THC is detectable in hair, urine, blood, and saliva using a drug test. The table below shows for how long THC remains detectable in the body. Lower, you can see two popular goods: Toxin Rid and Mega Clean.
|Type of Test||Period of Detection|
|Urine||3 to 4 days since last use
More sensitive tests can detect THC for up to 7-21 days
|Hair||Approximately 90 days after use|
|Saliva||72 hours after use|
|Blood||Up to 7 days for very heavy users|
Mega Clean + PreCleanse Pills
Factors that Impact THC Removal From The System
There are several factors, modifiable and unmodifiable, that impact the removal of THC from the body. They include:
- Gender – females metabolize THC comparatively slower than males, mostly because of the higher levels of body fat. Since THC is stored in fats, women will store higher amounts and take more time to completely remove it from their system.
- Frequency of Use – the more the consumption, the longer it will take for THC to be removed from the system and the longer its detection window.
- The potency of Weed – higher concentrations of THC will require more time for metabolism and excretion from the system.
- Method of Consumption – as compared to smoking/vaping, edibles take longer to be removed from the body.
- Lung Capacity (for smoking and vaping) – the amount of weed inhaled, and how long you can hold your breath after every puff determines how much THC will enter and stay in your system.
- Body Fat or Body Mass Index (BMI) – as mentioned earlier, a higher percentage of body fat means more time to metabolize and remove cannabis.
- Metabolism – this is influenced by age, exercise, and health conditions. However, the faster metabolism, the faster THC removal
Natural Ways To Detox From Weed
Apart from THC detox kits and remedies, which we will discuss later, there are several ways to help the body remove THC from your system naturally. Remember,if you have serious issues with health, homemade remedies could be dangerous. Choose ready-to-consume remedy, such as a Toxin Rid and consult with doctor. These are as follows:
|Following a Healthy Diet||This means avoiding processed foods that contain artificial sugar, preservatives, flavor enhancers, and coloring agents.|
|Consuming More Fiber||Adding more green vegetables and fruits enhances the amount of fiber in your diet, which helps bind and remove THC metabolites from the body.|
|Drinking More Water (also known as Flushing)||This helps naturally flush out toxins from your system via excessive urine production. It is recommended that you drink about 8 to 10 glasses or 2 liters every day.|
|Drinking More Tea||Green tea, in particular, contains antioxidants that neutralize toxins and enhance their removal from the body.|
|Exercising||This helps burn more fat, which releases more THC for excretion.|
|Activated Charcoal||This helps ensures that fewer THC metabolites are reabsorbed into blood from the intestines and excreted instead.|
|Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)||According to research, drinking about 30ml of ACV daily helps burn more body fat.|
|Cranberry Pills||This help burn body fat.|
|Reducing Stress||This helps improve the body’s natural cleansing and detoxification processes.|
|Sauna||A sauna helps the body sweat out toxins and metabolites through pores.|
What is Detoxification and How Do Detox Remedies Work?
Detoxification, or detox for short, means to avoid consuming a substance so that the body can fully flush it from your system. When it comes to cannabis use, it will take a fairly long time to detox if you’re a heavy user. Detox often results in withdrawal symptoms, including headaches, anxiety and depression, and mood swings.
Detox remedies are basically specific diets or special products that claim to help your body get rid of weed, thereby enhancing your health and overall wellbeing.
Best Detox Products
Generally, drinks, pills, and kits are the go-to options to get THC out of your body.
Best THC detox drinks are usually composed of vitamins and minerals that help lower concentrations of THC within the body. Natural drinks, such as cranberry juice and green tea are also good options to flush out THC from your system.
THC Detox pills are cleansing supplements specifically designed to clear the body of toxins usually over a period of 7 days or more. These products typically contain a variety of herbal extracts that boost the body’s natural detox processes, increasing the disposal of toxins with greater speed and efficiency.
Some of the best detox pills for THC include:
- Detoxify Mega Clean – a dietary supplement specifically designed to support full-body cleansing for higher concentrations of toxins.
- Cannabiology Est. 2016 THC Detox – scientifically designed using natural ingredients for effective full-body cleansing.
- CLEANFORD Total Drug Detox – specially formulated to help the liver, kidney, and blood remove all drug-related toxins.
- Eu Natural Harmony D-Mannose – features a combination of D-Mannose and Hibiscus Extract that helps clear your system and flush impurities from the urinary tract.
Weed Detox Kits
Drug Detox Kits are standardized techniques developed to help remove cannabis or marijuana metabolites from your system either temporarily or permanently and are generally the best way to detox your body from THC.There are a lot of remedies, despite Toxin Rid
Mega Clean + PreCleanse Pills
Some of the most reliable kits are discussed below:
1. Fast Marijuana Detox Kit
This is a powerful system cleaner from marijuana that helps remove THC metabolites from your system in the fastest way. It basically combines diuretics (substances that increase the frequency of urination) and a methodical and complex mixture of other ingredients that help remove THC from your system.
The kit comes in two options:
- Regular – for occasional users and individuals under 200lbs
- Extra Strong – for individuals with a higher body mass or higher toxin levels
Some of its main features are as follows:
- effective within 90 minutes and remains effective for as long as 5 hours
- legal and undetectable in drug tests
- cleanses urine only
- safe for health
- money-back guarantee
2. Premium 7-day Detox Kit
This is a comprehensive kit that includes a seven-day Lifestyle Management Plan carefully developed by a team of skilled nutritionists to radically improve your health through detoxification. It combines some of the best, natural and non-toxic ingredients from around the globe that are extremely effective for cleansing the body.
The kit comprises of:
- 3 sets of capsules – morning, evening, and a special Jump Start that can be used for the 1-hour Emergency Flush.
- Instructions – nutritional information, including meal plans and general health information.
Some of its main features are as follows:
- the system is cleaned forever in just 7 days unless you start using it again
- effective for cleansing urine, blood, and saliva
- legal and undetectable in drug tests
- safe for health
3. Zydot Detox Kit
This kit is designed especially for removing THC from within hair follicles. It includes a:
- shampoo to remove any external barriers and exposes inner hair
- a purifier that penetrates deep into the hair shaft and removes impurities
- conditioner that protects the hair from tangles and improves manageability
Some of its main features include:
- easy to use
- effective within minutes
- developed especially for hair detoxification while retaining its health and shine
4. Total Critical Cleaning Package (Universal THC Detox Kit)
This kit combines Permanent 15 Day Detox Solution and Same Day Emergency solutions to effectively remove THC from urine, hair, or saliva. It contains the following:
- Perma Clean – a 15-day dietary supplement to help boost liver function.
- Super Quick Caps – a fast-acting detox solution that boosts urine production for a limited
- Ultra Wash – a rapid saliva mask that remains effective for at least 15 to 30 minutes after use.
- Zydot Ultra Clean
While all the kits listed above are proven to be effective, the Total Critical Cleaning Package is the most holistic and efficient, since it contains a variety of supplements, capsules, and rinses that will effectively remove THC from hair, saliva, and blood.
Detox Products and Methods to Avoid
Always remember that your health and safety are the main priorities when it comes to detoxification. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), along with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) strictly advises against using products that; contain illegal and potentially harmful ingredients; are promoted using false claims, and were marketed for unverified uses.
Before adopting any method or using any product, consider the following:
- Avoid juices used in ‘detox cleanses that are not pasteurized, since they can cause serious illnesses in children, the elderly, and in individuals with weakened immune systems.
- Avoid detox drinks made using foods high in oxalate, such as spinach and beets, since they increase the risk of kidney problems.
- People having diabetes must follow a strict eating plan recommended by healthcare Consult them before going on a ‘detox’ diet.
- Avoid dietary modifications that stringently restrict caloric intake or the type of food you can eat.
- Certain detoxification programs include laxatives, which can cause severe diarrhea and lead to dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.
- Avoid drinking large quantities of water and green tea and skipping food, since this can cause a severe lack of nutrients and electrolyte imbalances.
- Avoid urine substitution method: using someone else’s urine, saving your own clean urine, or using synthetic urine. It is illegal, extremely risky, and very difficult to correctly execute without being caught.
How To Clean Your System For a Drug Test
If you need to detox quickly, here are a few tips to boost the removal of weed from your system and also help to clean your system for a drug test.
- Consume More Water (Flushing): Drink at least 2 liters every day to boost your metabolism and flush more metabolites from your system and dilute your urine. If you’re scheduled for a drug test soon, this is the best and safest method to clean out your system in 24 hours.
- Exercise: Exercise helps break down fats, releasing deposited THC for excretion.
- Use the Universal Marijuana Detox Kit: This is the best THC detox kit that will rapidly remove metabolites from hair, skin, and blood and have you prepared for any kind of drug test.
Tips and Recommendations from Social Media
These may not always be effective, but if you have a limited time and nothing else is available, you can try some tips for weed detox.
One example is this THC detox cleanse for drug test:
- 500 ml of water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 25 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey for taste
There are also many foods recommended on social media platforms to help detox your system naturally. Four of the most common ones include:
- Lemon for its acidic properties – add one tablespoon of lemon juice to half a liter of water and consume daily.
- Garlic – enhances the production of detoxifying enzymes in the liver and helps filter toxins from the digestive system.
- Broccoli – exceptionally high in antioxidants and helps stimulate the production of detoxification enzymes.
- Grapefruit – contains phytochemicals that stimulate the burning of fat cells for the release of THC for excretion.
- Mung Beans – can help flush THC since they are easily digested and absorb toxic residues from intestinal walls.
So here’s a comprehensive guide to everything you need to know about how to flush marijuana from your system, and how to get THC out of your body before an upcoming drug test. Remember to always prioritize your health and adopt ways of detoxification that are verified and safe.